แบบฝึกหัด verb subject agreement
Subject Verb Agreement Worksheet 1
I. In the following sentences, underline the verb and the subject that must agree with the verb.
1. Bob and Randy went to elementary school together.
2. Neither jogging nor swimming interest him.
3. Neither jogging nor racquet sports interest him.
4. Neither racquet sports nor jogging interests him.
5. The dog that had barked for hours was finally quiet.
6. The audience cheered the opening performance.
7. Economics is constantly faced by practical challenges.
8. Everyone is writing a take-home exam.
9. There are hungry children right here in our community.
10. The hunter as well as the hounds is following the bear. 11. The boss, together with the day shift, sent a card.
12. The team, including both pitchers, is outstanding.
13. No one who knows the children believes the story.
14. Each of us is responsible for a different task.
15. Few of the wealthy are coming tonight.
II. Underline the correct verb in the parentheses.
1. Almost everybody (has / have) some difficulty with writing
2.Neither the chipmunk nor the squirrels(is / are) bothering us.
3. Both of us (is / are) voting in the next election.
5. Neither of you (jump / jumps) to conclusions.
6. Some say the Indians (has / have) been treated unfairly.
7. There (was / were) only two choices on the menu.
8. Rudy as well as his cat (like / likes) milk.
9. He (is / are) my boss and friend.
10. Sunbathing (is / are) my favorite form of exercise.
11. Neither of us (has / have) to pay the fine.
12. The twins and their parents (travel / travels) together.
13. Nobody (believe / believes) your alibi.
15. “Safe” and “out” (is / are) two calls in baseball.
16. Neither of them (dance / dances) to disco music.
17. Each (serve / serves) a different purpose.
18. The hammer as well as the saw (make / makes) work easier.
19. Jacques (was / were) working for his uncle last year.
20. Our team (play / plays) hard every night.